Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tichion: On the Other Side

So, I said I'd post my writing... and then I disappeared for a few months!   Well, I've decided to post the prologue to the published book Tichion: On the Other Side.  (In my opinion, as the writer, it's the only good part of the book; but if you read through previous posts, you'll understand why.)



Prologue

  He was scraping at her door, unable to go past because the darkness had not yet overcome the room beyond.  "Ayah," he whispered, knowing she was listening, "Ayah, you thought that you could run away, didn't you?" He chuckled, "Sorry dear, but Hell's gates couldn't bind me once I'd tasted your flesh."
  Ayah clasped her hand over the scar on her cheek, remembering all to well the events of that fateful day, years ago.  She sat frozen in her bed, glistening with sweat, shivering as he spoke.
  "I'm back and I want the rest," was the last sentence Sniphf said before the clouds covered the moonlight.
  Ayah stiffened as she felt the temperature drop suddenly.  Trying to see into the darkness, she screamed inside her head, "WHERE IS HE?!"
 "I am right here," he whispered into her ear as he placed his razor sharp nails on her neck.  She flinched as his sandpaper tongue licked the side of her cheek.  "Yummy, you taste better than I remember," he paused, chuckling, "even though you've shriveled up a bit."  He laughed maliciously and Ayah stifled a scream as he began to press his claws into her skin.  "Awe, come on!  You're ruining my fun," he pouted. "I know it hurts," and he dug deeper.
  Ayah twisted her head to face him, despite the pain in her neck, and looked into his glowing eyes.  "I will not give you the joy of seeing my pain."
  Sniphf leaned closer so that his lips lay in the blood pouring out of her neck.  "You already have."


So, yep.  That's really how that whole book started.  Then I jump to her father pounding on the bedroom door when she was a teenager and the story unfolds from there.  Unfortunately, the published version isn't the one I wanted published--it's the wrong manuscript entirely.  If you want to buy it, I suggest looking for wherever online has it the cheapest--I won't get any money from it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments nice. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't comment at all. No one is perfect, not even you or me.