Monday, September 3, 2018

Wake Me Up When September Ends

I love that song. After the year I've had, it fits though.

I saw a vlog by another blogger recently on Facebook (I'll have to go back and find the link later; she's on YouTube as well) about ideas to use extra notebooks for.  Let me just say that I have a major love for office supplies. If the journal has a pretty design on it, it's even worse for me. I hoard yarn, beads, and office supplies.

She suggested using a notebook for just brain dumping the day. Another for writing down your dreams or how you're feeling at the beginning of the day. Another is used for "a month at a glance", where you just summarize the events of the month, or week.  Then even another for things that have happened that you were thankful for. There's sketch books, but you can also doodle in notebooks as well. Songs or poetry.  Story brainstorms, timelines, planning.  I'm going to use one for taking notes on gaming as well, since I've gotten back into that. (I'm playing World of Warcraft; Lothar server. Mostly alliance, but I've got a blood elf I'm working on leveling too.)

You could also use another one for prayers or your daily devotions, if you do that of course. Not trying to push any religion on anyone.

I've also purchased and been using a health journal. You can get yours here. The woman originally started the journal for her husband during his cancer battle which started before their wedding but the diagnosis came immediately after their wedding.  There is actually more than enough spots for doctor contact information. With all of my health issues, that's a HUGE deal for me.  I never have enough spots for my doctors or my diagnoses.   There's also daily spots for how your symptoms were each day, things to talk to your doctor, pages for your current medication lists.  It's just incredible.  I wish I'd bought this YEARS ago (although she just started them, but I could have designed one too). 

If I'd picked something like this up earlier, I possibly wouldn't still be fighting for disability.  I should tell y'all about that sometime.

But that's enough of that for now!  I'm going to make another post for the awesome things I've been working on for a friend's Halloween party!

I hope the year has treated you better than me.  I'll post about that another time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments nice. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't comment at all. No one is perfect, not even you or me.