Monday, September 3, 2018

It's Not Too Early For Halloween!!!

I LOVE Halloween.  As soon as I see products out on the shelves at the grocery store or craft stores, my fingers start curling with need. I need to buy them all! (Which is a slight problem with not having an income to support that...)  My home decor has taken a more fall theme the past few years.  Rich cranberry red, pumpkin or burnt orange, brown.  It just makes me feel cozy.

I have a friend who goes ALL OUT for their parties.  Every one of them has a theme and then it's too the extreme.  It's a cosplayers fantasy.

This year's Halloween them is Disney's Haunted Mansion, but also including the equivalent themes from the Disney parks across the globe.

Let me just say that https://family.disney.com/crafts/ has been an AWESOME place for ideas and legit, free pdfs.  I've been working on the sliding chamber bookmarks and Tomb Sweet Tomb gift boxes.  I won't be able to attend the party itself, or I'll at least be more than fashionably late to it. My husband and I have a wedding to attend to in Nashville, IN that evening.  The party is in the historic district of Irvington, IN.  (We live in Greenwood, IN.)  With all of my health issues, I might be done for before we make it back to our side of town, let alone getting me up to Irvington.  My husband wouldn't go with me--he has some social anxiety and doesn't know most of the "normal" crowd at the house and this will also have a lot of extended friends from other groups that I haven't even met, so I can't ask him to go with me and be uncomfortable.

We also have my kids that weekend, so there's that.  Luckily my mom will be keeping them for the wedding, but I'm supposed to pick them up before they go to church, so I am even more unsure about making it to the party due to that.  I'll need at least four hours of sleep before driving up to Southport.

Back to Disney.  I've saved a ton of those pdfs from the website to use for later parties. Y'know, when my kids actually have friends contact information for parties.  Currently our school district doesn't allow for invites to be given at school, even if you're inviting the whole class, which became a thing a while ago. You couldn't just give invites to your friends because bullies or leaving people out and making them outcasts. All about the inclusion, y'know. 

I wasn't ever really included in things even when I was part of groups back in school. Sure, it hurt, but I'd made my peace with not being popular.  I've now embraced my weirdness, and there are times that I wish I had more adult contact outside of the internet and my immediate neighbors, but my eclectic strangeness can be overwhelming for some people. I also tend to have "diarrhea of the mouth", where I just spill everything and anything about my life to people.  Once I mention something, then it all just starts spilling out.  People don't tend to know how to react with my life story, even if I only give a little bit.  I've been through some stuff.  I'm in counseling though. So it's not ALL bad. And it's all made me into who I am.  A better person, maybe? I don't know. Whatever.

But seriously. Go check out that website (here it is again).  There's a lot of amazing things there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments nice. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't comment at all. No one is perfect, not even you or me.